
I am so excited! We leave at the crack of dawn to LAX for the 5th Annual PNW Sweet Pea Reunion in Seattle. For those of you who don't know, several of us across the country and Canada joined a Yahoo group in 2004 after our dossiers went to China to apply to adopt a child from the orphanages there. We all anxiously waited for our referrals (pictures and information of the child they selected for us) together and celebrated together when we finally received our referrals and followed each other's journey to China to adopt our children. It's really fun to see how the children have grown since their referral pictures and some have gone back for another child since then. I am especially excited to meet Sharon and her daughter Mackenzie. Mac and Caroline are the same age and were in the Huaihua Social Welfare Institute in Huaihua City, Hunan Province, China and could very well have been roommates! The last time I was able to make it up there for the reunion, Sharon and Mackenzie lived in Boston. Now they live near Portland so they are able to drive up.
In this picture, Caroline is the one underdressed (dingbat S. Calif. mommy wasn't on the ball there) in the middle. Yes, the only one NOT wearing a jacket. At least she had tights on her legs...
I'll post new pictures when we get back!
1 comment:
Hi Teresa!
Welcome to blogging. (I should talk, I haven't updated mine in 2 months... oh well) Hope you have a wonderful trip. I can't wait to see pics!
Post a Comment