Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Our New Bathroom!

After many years of hoping people won't need to use our downstairs bathroom, we finally remodeled it. The walls were a lovely shade of pale blue and the white vinyl flooring that sported blue flowers had long since yellowed with age. The toilet was original to the house which was built in 1969. Yes, the toilet was, uh, old. The cabinet was also original, except the top was replaced sometime in the late 70's.


This is the original bathroom.

Lovely vinyl flooring, don't you think?

And don't you just want to try putting makeup on with that vanity light fixture? You'd end up looking like Freddie Krueger.

This is what happens when the toilet hasn't been replaced in 40 years. The bolts underneath the bolt covers rust completely away. Apparently, the only thing holding this toilet down was gravity.


We tore away the walls to install some new electrical.

And viola! New toilet. Notice that the toilet has no exposed bolts or ledges to clean.


I picked the floor tile. Rick cut and installed it.

Vanity chosen by Rick and I agreed with his choice! Good work, Honey! The granite top we picked included the sink!

Light fixture found online.

Artwork which dicated the paint colors. The scriptures start with Faith, Truth, Strength, Love. These are on the wall across from the cabinetry.


We have an agreement, Rick does the construction, I do the decorating and painting. It works. I've done so much painting now that I don't use tape to paint straight lines anymore. I have good paint brushes and a much steadier hand.

Now I'm begging people to use the bathroom!

3 comments:

Wanda said...

Nice....very nice!!! I'll be right over.

;)

M3 said...

Wow!!!

Laura P said...

aaaw. i love seeing pictures of your house....before shots..... old school, memories, all that.

but great job! the new bathroom looks great! lol. lots of hard work ::)