Friday, June 11, 2010

My Little Boy is Now a MIDDLE-SCHOOLER!!

When did this happen and where was I? What happened to the little boy that started elementary school just a few short years ago?

This is so not happening....


Peter on his first day of his new school - 3rd grade, August 2007

He and Brendan on the first day of 3rd grade.
Look at those adorable dimples on his little baby face!


August 2009
He started his final year of elementary school and she started Kindergarten
How odd that he was wearing the same shirt!
Although I must say it wears a bit smaller than it did before.

She meets her teacher for the first day of school.
She looks a little nervous, don't you think?

She said goodbye today.

And the boy rejoices as he graduates from 5th grade!
(For those of you still struggling with snow, note the 70 degree weather)


We then went to the park for the non-school-sanctioned, after-school revelry.

They had an egg toss and a shaving cream fight.
The look on Caroline's face tells me I need to hide daddy's shaving cream.
And fast...

Peter didn't exactly win.

But the watermelon was wonderful!

I still can't get over my little boy being a middle schooler now.

That's IT! Caroline is not allowed to grow up. Any ideas on how I can enforce this new idea? I'm open to suggestions!

4 comments:

Carolin said...

They do grow up way to fast Teresa. It's funny, I was talking to my mom on the phone last night and she was sitting on her front porch sipping iced tea, enjoying life ... and I was telling her an Emma antic story. She interrupts and tells me that one of these days they'll all be grown up and gone and ... before she can even finish, I tell her "yeah, and I'll be sitting on my front porch drinking tea and enjoying the silence" HAHAHA. She just laughed but told me how lonely it gets. As much as I fuss about the little stinkers, I'm really not ready for them to grow up!

have a safe/fun trip!

Lori Lynn said...

When you get an answer on how to keep Caroline little, let me know. I've been trying to freeze time for awhile now with Chloe, and it just doesn't happen. The good news is each day is still getting better than the previous one.

Congratulations Peter on moving up to the middle school! I am hoping we will be able to move to a better school district before that day comes here.

D said...

What cute pictures! You can tell how much they loved getting messy :)

M3 said...

If you figure out how to stop that growing up, you let me know STAT! I make little jokes to the girls about cutting it out, but the truth is that it KILLS me. Seriously, it is so fast. We sure are having fun with these little sweeties though.

Big hugs to both kids -- enjoy the summer!