Good grief! Has it really been a year since I blogged?? Facebook took up WAY too much of my time, I guess. So here I am blogging again.
Peter turned 13 yesterday!! YIKES! I now have a full-blown teenager in the house! I will now begin hearing my mother's voice coming out of my mouth saying, "Just wait until you have kids of your own." Oh my word!
Actually, it has been happening for quite some time. Every night Caroline asks me what's for dinner and every time I reply, I hear "Yuck" to which I politely, but again with my mother's voice reply, "When you have your family and plan your dinners for them, you can cook what you want."
Thanks again, Mom.
Warning! Random rabbit trail ahead!!
Speaking of my mother...my children appear to have inherited my mother's aversion to peaches. More specifically, peach fuzz. Let me explain.
My mother was able to tolerate the feel of peach fuzz. However, she loved peaches. So, we would go to the store and she would point to the ones she wanted and I would put them into the plastic bag. When we arrived home, I would then peel the peaches, rinse off any fuzzy residue, cut them up into a bowl and add a little sugar. Only then would my mother eat the peaches.
Many years later, my husband found out about my mother's peach fuzz aversion and decided to tease her. He took a peach off of our backyard tree, washed it and was drying it when he went into the living room where she was sitting and said, "So I found out something about you this weekend that was very interesting." He then held out the peach to her and said, "Peach??" She retracted into the couch as if he were about to hand her a rattlesnake and said, "No thank you."
He laughed and said, "So when we have children, we're going to give them a peach and tell them to give it to Grandma and if she says she doesn't want it, it means she doesn't love you."
She looked him straight in the eye and said, "Your kids are gonna cry."
Fast-forward to today: Caroline never got meet my mother. Peter to my knowledge never knew the story of my mother and peaches.
Neither one will touch a peach.
Thank goodness for nectarines.
No comments:
Post a Comment