I love squash. Love it, love it, love it!
Yams? Let me at 'em!
Spaghetti Squash? Pass the butter and parmesan, please!
Pumpkin? Can you say "Pumpkin Spice Latte" and not smile?
Didn't think so.
So I had a butternut squash in my pantry and wanted to find an easy and delicious way to prepare it. I hit the jackpot with this recipe!Simple Roasted Butternut Squash
Simple, delicious, and the family loved it! We have a college student from Brazil staying with us and even he loved it!
If you have ever prepared butternut squash, you know that the most time-consuming part is peeling and cutting. I recommend Cutco knives for any kitchen. The best knives I have ever tried! I also have the peeler. Made quick work of the task so I could get on to the chopping. I then put the pieces in a large bowl, poured the olive oil over them, added some minced garlic (I use the pre-minced kind in the jar-much easier!), added salt and pepper, tossed and laid them out on a baking sheet. To make things even easier, I used the silicone baking liners available just about anywhere. Clean up is a breeze!
I had some leftover squash in the morning so I simply cut up some green and red peppers and a little onion in butter, added the squash, and then some chopped kale. A simple, healthy breakfast!
Since I am trying to lose a few (**cough** 25 **cough) pounds, this helped me start the day with something other than cereal!
No comments:
Post a Comment