Saturday, January 17, 2009

Visits and Honor Roll

I have been a very busy gal since my last post. Between visits with friends and cousins, shuttling kids back and forth, and working on a business proposal, I haven't had time to blog.

Anyway, Abby's parents had an appointment nearby and asked if I could watch Abby for them. She is such a little cutie pie and so polite I couldn't resist! Besides, it was great to have the girls play just the two of them. We later went to lunch at Islands and the girls got to play a little longer. Steve (Abby's daddy) was having a great time playing Simon Says with the girls in the restaurant. He even had them pretend to sleep. Great idea!



Caroline and Abby pretending to sleep. Very cute!

Yesterday, cousins came over to visit while their parents are taking the weekend off. Rick's sister, MaryLue and her husband, Clay have a daughter, Rebecca and twin boys, Travis and Joel (who are Caroline's age). Rebecca is at camp so they asked if we could take the boys for the weekend so they could have some time away. Imagine 3 four-year-olds running amuck for 2 days. Caroline is having a ball because she always gets to be in the middle of the two of them. The boys did not go to sleep right away last night and were laughing and giggling for an hour or so. MaryLue called this morning to see how they were doing and Caroline asked to get on the phone. Her end of the conversation went something like this: "Aunt 'Lue', thank you for having the boys here, but they were loud and kept me awake all night! Yeah, and they wouldn't let me sleep. Ok, bye, love you."

Caroline and Joel cuddled up and watching a movie this morning.


Joel, Caroline, Travis all ready for bed tonight.


In other news, Peter made the Honor Roll at school. It's the first time he has and I know he worked hard for it. He has received Citizenship awards and Friendship awards in the past and I am equally proud of him for all of the accomplishments. I actually prefer the Citizenship awards to the Honor roll (though I'm not complaining) because it shows that he has character and that cannot be earned like grades, it is something you learn and apply and make it part of who you are. People can be smart and get good grades, but if you have no compassion or character, getting good grades doesn't mean much.




Honor Roll recipient.



On Friday, he tests for his green belt in Tae Kwon Do. He is ready for the test and I know he will do well. He already passed the pre-test with flying colors and is confident in his abilities. Tonight he is spending the night at his other cousin's house (I guess we're playing "musical cousins") because one of them is having a birthday tomorrow so it makes it easy for him to be there and he will have a lot of fun playing with them. Tomorrow we are off to church with 3 kids and Rick will be their Sunday School teacher. This should be a riot!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peter, you ROCK! well done!

Shelly and Family said...

Wow...I guess thing have been busy for you but it looks like you guys are all having a lot fun! BTW...Congrats to Peter on the Honor Roll...Way To Go!