Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hmph.

We've been dealing with sickness here. Peter stayed home with Daddy on Sunday while Caroline, Yumiko and I went to Disneyland. Peter had a fever and coughing and was pretty miserable. Then on Tuesday, Caroline had a fever and coughing. Now today Peter woke up again with a fever! He's supposed to play one song on his guitar tonight at the Valentines Banquet at church so he is resting a lot today. He's actually been home for 4 days now and it's starting to wear on him (and me!) Hopefully he will feel well enough to go do his music and then come home. If not, he won't be playing tonight.

We've been working on a HUGE canvas of cardboard boxes taped together with "Fiesta" painted on it. It's finally up and it has 5 windows cut into it. The kids will be telling jokes through the windows like the old "Laugh-In" series from the 60's.

Now for Caroline's latest funny thing: Rick was talking to Grandma and then had to leave so he gave the phone to Caroline to bring to me upstairs. She talked to Grandma all the way up the stairs and down the hall then handed me the phone. Grandma said Caroline changed subjects all the way up the stairs. I said that yes, she does tend to go off in different subject directions when talking with someone on the phone. Caroline overheard this and said in her best 4-year-old, know-it-all teenage attitude, "Hello! I'm.. A.. girl!" Can you believe that I'm NOT looking forward to the teen years??

2 comments:

Lori Lynn said...

Caroline sounds adorable and it sounds like she talks like Chloe. Chloe approached her father the other night with "We need to talk". Apparently, they were disputing ownership over a certain magnifying glass. When Pete asked her what a possible solution could be, she answered that maybe they could share it.

Lori W

QingLu Mama said...

Sorry to hear about the illness, I hope everyone gets all better and stays that way!
And too funny...what Caroline said! I can only imagine what the teen years will bring, with mine too. I think our girls are maybe too smart for us already!
Good luck with the show tonight!
Jennifer