We decided that since Caroline's knees were starting to hit the handlebars of her tricycle (yes, I know-bad Mommy), she was going to need a bigger bicycle to keep up with her brother and his friends (yes, I know...don't go there). I looked at a 12" size bicycle - too small. I looked at a 20" - too big (by a lot, but it was on clearance from $80 to $22 so it was sorely tempting). So I decide that I will check out garage sales this weekend, but the day before I was visiting my friend in the hospital (she's fine), and she mentioned that she has a little bike that her boys and her daughter used as well as a friend's little boy. It has training wheels too. Turns out, it's 14" and it fits PERFECTLY! Caroline got on it and started to drive down the sidewalk when she drove right across the bib of the next driveway and fell right off. I immediately put her back on (especially since she wasn't crying and didn't appear hurt) and put her in the street. She did a sharp turn and fell off again. Put her back on and off she went with me right next to her. We got home, Rick lowered the seat (which helped greatly) and got her helmet (which is too big) and she and Peter were riding for a good hour in the street. Now we can't seem to get her off anytime soon. I predict the training wheels will be off before summer....
In other cute news, last night she gave me a magic show and a concert. I only got a picture of the concert, but imagine doing this and running around like a rock star, head bobbing, hair flying, guitar being held perfectly:
Yes, every rock star needs her footy-pj's in order to properly slide around on the stage!
Have a good weekend!
6 comments:
Looks like I am not the only mother who waited a bit long to upgrade from tricycles! At least you were smart enough to get a helmet. We still need to do that.
I guess we are going through the same stages at the same time.
Lori W
Way too go! Oh how our Francesca just loves to ride her bike! Can't wait for spring to come in our neck of the woods!!!!!
Cute pictures of your kiddos. brings back happy memories of my little boys on bikes, now they are grown.
May all rockers wear red and footy pajams!
Wow, I had no idea we were neighbors (Nina from Journey To Kavanna and we live in Calabasas!!). Thanks for stopping by... your kids are adorable!
Caroline will be racing down that street before you know it! Thanks for your touching comment on my blog. It brought tears to my eyes. You're right, it's every accomplishment our children achieve that make me want to pick up that phone and call, and boy does it sting. . .you have so much to be proud of, and you know exactly how your mom would feel! Just as proud as you.
Hi Teresa,
My boys do this (play rock star) too and it's really hilarious to watch.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Maybe we'll see you at the reunion Saturday?
Take care! :)
Post a Comment