Peter made the Honor Roll again! He really works hard on his schoolwork and rarely do I have to make sure it's all done anymore. I will attribute it to the fact that I let him fail at a book report: He was supposed to have it done, I knew it was supposed to be done, but he told me it wasn't due until the next week. Well, he came home from Wednesday night church and was very upset because it turned out I was right and the report was due that day. Soooo, I helped him finish it (I did not do it for him. I only read the report to him so that he could write it down in complete sentences. He was so upset that if he tried to do it by himself, he would just make more mistakes and get more frustrated). We talked about getting things done in a timely manner. Since then, he has made the Honor Roll twice and I don't have to bug him about homework!
I also tried my hand at hair clippers! You'll see my handiwork in the picture below where Peter looks like Wolf-Boy. This child's hair is so thick that if I don't keep it trimmed, he overheats. So instead of paying to get his hair cut all the time, I invested in clippers that will pay for themselves in 2 haircuts. Rick won't let me do his hair though...coward.
Caroline has found a new friend down the streeet. Abby and Caroline get along very well and play together pretty nicely. While I was at the awards assembly for Peter, Abby's mom watched Caroline for me. Apparently, she wanted to watch "Bear and Sesame."
What??
For those who have seen Jungle Book, you might be able to decipher the title of the song, "Bear Necessities"
Yep. That is Caroline's title for Bear Necessities: Bear and Sesame. Cute eh?
Here's some pictures from Easter this year. The dress Caroline is wearing is from my friend, Michelle. It has the beautiful ladybug clippy and a ladybug purse to match! Way too cute!
Easter 2009 at our front door.
Ladybug clippy
Caroline helping doing home repairs. Don't worry, the outlet was off.
Talking with Daddy on the phone. Note the newborn diaper on Kitty.
Peter will be testing for his blue belt in May. Also, Rick will be going to Dubai in May. Yep, Dubai. And yes, he will be working in the tallest tower in the world-but he'll be working in the basement of that tower, which suits him just fine, thank you. He will get a tour of the tower, I'm sure and he will be bringing a camera so I'll post those when he comes back.
Summer is coming!! Yay! We're going to go to the pool, the beach, the pool, the zoo perhaps, the pool...did I mention the pool?
8 comments:
Wow! That was like 4 or more posts all rolled into one!
Way to go Peter on the honor roll (again)!
Nice haircut. Good job Mom! Dad you're a chicken. You'll wish you had that cut in Dubai.
Caroline looks so big working on the house. Love the ladybug dress, the gorgeous hair bow and purse.
Looks like you have all been busy. I have friends in Dubai with a daughter from China. Let me know if you want me to hook you up with them.
Lori W
Told you I was a bad blogger! I had a lot to catch up on!
Great job, Peter! And you must be very proud, Mom!
I just love the dress Caroline is wearing, it is absolutly adorable!
Sounds like you'll have a wonderful summer...wish I was joining you at the pool!
Jennifer
Awesome pictures!! Way to go Peter. And yay for the pool. We love the pool, ahhhhhhh.
Love the Easter photo! They both look great.
Nothing like good old consequences to get someone to do the right thing. Working on that here but we aren't in school yet. Way to go on honor roll. Grea pics of the kids.
Love the Easter shots.
Way to go, Peter!!!
Wow. You have a lot going on! Caroline looks like such the helper and congrats to Peter! He looks so proud. I hope my daughters follow his footsteps for sure! LOL
Natalie
Post a Comment