By 8:00am, Caroline was asking when we were leaving to meet her teacher today. Since Kindergarten Orientation was not until 11:00...well, you do the math.
All month long, she has been telling me she was nervous about Kindergarten. We all explained that all the kids will be nervous and that her feelings were normal, but that they will be all better once she meets her teacher and sees her class. We got there a little early and she played on the playground and we peeked into her class. Then her teacher came out and we had a short introduction whereby Caroline gave her teacher the wrapped peach she pulled from our fridge as a gift. Then it was off to to start the orientation. Well, after an excruciatingly long meeting (the kids were beginning to melt down) in the Multi-Purpose Room with the parents and students so they could give us the low-down on who's who and such, we FINALLY got to go to the classroom! Caroline found her nametag and sat in her spot on the floor. She did so well and followed directions to the letter. I was so proud of her! The teacher read the class a lovely story called "The Kissing Hand" about a raccoon who starts school, but is nervous (hmm) and his mommy gives him a kiss on the hand that reaches to his heart so that if he gets nervous, he just needs to look at the kiss and know his mommy gave it to him. So cute.
Standing by her nametag and number at the end. She found it herself before class started.
Tomorrow I will post about the first day of Kindergarten. Snifff.....
6 comments:
Awww, that is so sweet. Caroline will be great and I cannot wait to hear all about her first day!!
Kindergarten! Aw man, such a huge thing.
How Fun!! Today is the Day!! I know she will LOVE it!! And so will you!! How cute she was at orientation!! And how adorable in her mud woman pics from your previous post!! Bless you!
Mary Lue
Yeah my big kids didnt care about going to school for kindergarten..BUt abby might be much different she likes us! lol
Caroline looks adorable. I cannot wait to read how it went today!
So glad to hear the orientation went so well and she seemed so excited to start "big school"!
What a little smarty, finding her name tag so fast.
I'll be thinking of you today...
Get those tissues ready!
And I just may need to steal that kissing hand idea..it's brilliant!
Jennifer
Post a Comment