Caroline started TaeKwonDo.
Yep.
She's been watching Peter in his class for a year now and when she found out she could take the Tiger class, well she was all over that!
She begged me for a solid month to take the class, but it didn't start until the 5th so she had to have patience (NOT one of the virtues she was blessed with!).
She and Simon, who has been watching his big sister in TKD, both started on Tuesday. Simon happens to have been adopted from Korea.
Simon and Caroline waited anxiously for their class to start and watched the previous class with great interest. Both of them kept asking, "Is it our turn yet?" That 1/2 hour of watching the other class have fun was just short of torture for them. Yet, they perservered.
Simon is every bit the pistol that Caroline is so the two of them together in class was going to be a hoot. Simon's mom and I sat back and waited for mayhem to begin.
It didn't.
It never even got out of the gate.
It didn't even start it's engine.
Both of them listened very attentively and followed directions as well as two excited 4 and 5 year olds could! Instructor Julie was so proud of them and so were their moms. They loved the jumping around and kicking. "Adorable" was the word of the day watching them try new moves with the out-of-toddler-but-not-quite-there-yet coordination they possess. Simon and Caroline have been watching their siblings for so long that they easily understood what Instructor Julie was asking.
Caroline loves to kick!
Warming up and stretching.
It's going to be an expensive year.....
5 comments:
Oh man, that looks like fun!!! Should I consider something like that for the girls or should I run, run the other direction?
Good for Caroline! I just took the girls out for a hair cut today and there is a martial arts studio across the street. They were both begging to learn. Maybe I should check into it.
Way to go Caroline!!!!Show 'em your stuff!
Oh, good for her (and you). It'll be so great for her. Spend some of that energy and a great discipline plus fun.
I'm hoping Daddy will get inspired here and start taking Dahlia to some classes. They even have parent and kids classes which would be so great to start with.
How wonderful! Isn't it great when they suprise you in such a good way! I love that Caroline is taking TaeKwonDo, too. Between her and Peter you'll be keeping very busy!
Oh, loved your story below also...I was shaking in my shoes right along with you, but what a great lesson that came from it!
Jennifer
Post a Comment