So Peter tells me last night that he needs a George Washington costume, not for the costume parade at school, but for his report on the president that he is doing today. As I calmly and in my gentlest manic reaction screamed, uh, replied, "WHATTTT!!!!!???"
I had no George Washington hats in my arsenal and was fresh out of white powdered wigs, so it was off to Party City to see if they had anything. Turns out, EVERYONE WITHIN 10 MILES OF OUR TOWN WAS IN PARTY CITY. The long line was crazy. Well, they did have something that resembles a hat the first president would wear and it even had a white ponytail sticking out the back. We got the hat ($10) and went home. I searched through his jackets to see what I could find and came up empty and did some laundry. As I was hanging up some of my things, I came across a suit jacket that I haven't worn in some time and paired it with a white shirt and put it on him. It worked and viola! George Washington in blue jeans!
He does this to me again, and he will be mud. I have plenty of that in my yard.
So the Halloween parade went off well at school. Caroline was Alice in Wonderland (easy to do, still had the costume from her birthday tea party). Peter was, of course, George Washington. The parents watched their kids parade around to the music of "Monster Mash" (does that take you back a few years? Me too.)
Then I went to Caroline's class for a little bit to take some pictures with the other Kinder parents. We lined up all the Disney characters for a picture:
Then we lined up all the girls:
Then all the boys:
Caroline is in love with Phillip (the Spiderman all the way on the right) and he likes her too. So what to the mom's do in such a case? Why we pick out wedding colors of course! Can't plan too early, you know (cough).
Tomorrow we are hosting Fall Fest with our church at the park. We are so excited for this opportunity to host a community event! Games, music, BBQ, giveaways, movies, kid shows. Woohoo! Can't wait!
5 comments:
That is too funny! Chloe is in love with one of the boys in her KG class too, Dillan. Last year Dillan was dressed as Spiderman.
Kudos to you for being quick on the draw for the George Washington costume. Chloe told me yesterday was sports day and that she was supposed to wear something sporty to school. She didn't have anything, so I just sent her to school in her regular clothes, a dress. What a bad mommy I am!
Tomorrow night is our Halloween parade and carnival. I still have to hem the girls' costumes. They are both 4" too long. And Chloe's is almost too tight around the waist. I never thought of Chloe as chubby. I think these costume-makers have some strange ideas about children's sizes.
They are adorable!
Awhh....you're a good mommie!!!
Looks like you all had a great time. (Is it still raining there?)
Little Peter, bless his heart ... looks like you came through for him very well!
And wedding colors, oh my - that's just too stinkin' funny. Those first little crushes are just too cute.
All of the kids look so adorable in their costumes!!
A boyfriend already? Oh boy! :)
Blessings,
Robin
Post a Comment