Caroline wanted to try on the outfit she wore when we adopted her in China. So we pulled out her memory box and she tried on the different layers. As I brought them out of the plastic bag, they still had a slight smell of the wood smoke that permeated the fabric and our girl's hair. Brought back memories.
First layer was this lovely little item. It's matching split pants were, um, stained.
Then the sweater.
Then the poofy jacket and split pants.
And the jacket had little ears on the hood. Very cute.
What amazed me is that she can still put them on.
We looked through her box and found her adoption certificate and passport as well as other items bought in China. I also put in there some of my favorite items of clothing that she wore. I am a big believer in handing down clothing until it's no longer wearable, but some items are special and I want to keep them.
She had a lot of fun and it helped put one more piece of her adoption story together.
So here's the challenge for other parents by adoption: See if your children can still fit in the clothes they were wearing when you met them for the first time! Ha!
8 comments:
I am totally amazed that she can if in the clothes after 5 years. Congratulations on 5 years by the way. Good job mom!
I am not sure if my girls could do that or not. Pearl is thin as a rail, but so was the tiny dress she was wearing. Chloe's gotcha clothes were huge, but it's been awhile.
Maybe I will give it a try. Congratulations on 5 years! Ours is coming up in two weeks.
Oh my!!!! Rebecca could probably still fit in hers considering it's only been a year and a few months. But there is NO WAY Emma could fit in her cute little onesie!
Can only imagine the fun you guys had with that exercise!
long time no blog sister .... i have missed checking in on you ... what adorable pictures and how time flies!
Nuh-ugh....won't happen. They are way too tiny. I'm amazed how yours fit.
Your girlie-girl gets cuter and cuter though!!
just precious!
Sweet. :-)
We have our girls' outfits saved in our closet in pillowcases. Everything except the socks, which somehow got mixed in with regular laundry and lost. I wonder if our girls can still fit in theirs?
How sweet...hehehe...what a doll!!
Post a Comment