Man, this summer is flying by! Nothing set this reality in faster than receiving the "welcome packet"/"what you need to spend your hard-earned money on at your child's new middle school because the state is broke and isn't giving us the tax money you put into the system" paperwork. Oh yea, I'm so excited....
So anyway, back to what we've been doing since getting back from Lake Casitas:
We've hosted a student from Siberia, Russia. Her name is Yulia.
She and Peter had a lot of fun tackling each other:
And having Nerf gun wars:
And then Caroline got in on the act. This picture scares me just a little...
And since we apparently did not eat enough S'mores while camping, the kids insisted on having a backyard campfire. Ostensibly, this was so that Yulia could try good ol' American S'mores, but I think it was just a ruse to have S'mores (pun intended!)
Caroline gave a "thumbs up" sign while enjoying hers with great gusto:
Then we had a Farewell Party with all the exchange students from Russia, Sweden, Finland, and Spain.
This is probably the equivalent of the Finnish "Bunny Hop."
And the Spaniards could not resist doing the "Macarena."
And we went swimming with Caroline's friend from school, Naomi.
Caroline told me the other day that she was getting "as dark as Naomi." When I told her mom that, she and I had a good laugh, until we realized that she is getting pretty close to being right! And yes, we use lots of sunscreen!
Hope your summer has been a blast! We're going to enjoy the last few weeks while we can!
5 comments:
looks like you enjoyed your summer!!! Will you make us s'more's when we come out :-)
I know what you mean about the summer flying past us!! Loved your update - looks like you've all had loads of fun. The last pic is precious (yet familiar).
Enjoy the rest of it!!
:)
Looks like you're having a busy summer. Your kids are growing fast. Chloe also got very dark this summer and we too, used plenty of sunscreen. I am actually looking forward to school starting.
Next week, we have an exchange student from China arriving for the full school year.
Ha, love the snoozing in the car seat pic!! I think all of our best days have ended that way. :-)
Such great photos...and the captions are so funny! For the record.. Simone is just as dark as Naome as well and I slather her up every hour! What province is Caroline from?
I love the S'mores, yum yum! I can't blame the kids for wrangling some s'more out of you!
Well your summer looks like it's been tons of fun...and yes it has flown by for us as well!
I did think of you when we were in St. J though!!!.
Jen
Post a Comment