I'm going to borrow an idea from my bloggy friend, Tiffany and start this post with the things I am so thankful for:
- I am thankful first and foremost for my Lord and Savior for saving me from sin and death by dying in my place and assuring me that I will live in heaven with Him for all eternity and keeping me from the fires of eternal damnation in hell.
- I am thankful for my husband of almost 15 years who has been the best husband and father I could imagine.
- I am thankful for our home.
- I am thankful that my husband is employed in these difficult times and the company is doing well and he will be the lead on projects in 2009!
- I am thankful for my children. They are my miracles and I am one blessed mommy.
- I cannot be thankful for them without being thankful for and to their birthparents. Withouth their bravery, unselfishness, sacrifice for their children, and the fact that they made the more difficult decision to continue a pregnancy knowing they would place those children in someone else's care instead of making a different choice, this world would never, ever know the incredible people my children are. I would not have the priviledge of being called "Mom." No one is allowed to say anything negative about thier birthparents in my presence or they will get an earful from me! They can save their judgement of them for someone else.
- I am thankful for my sister and I am incredibly proud of her. She has overcome so much in her life and continues to strive to better herself and her life. OK, getting teary here...
- I am thankful for my Mother-in-Law. I could not ask for better. She is a woman of great strength and wisdom. In the book of Titus, it tells the older women to teach the younger women. I have learned so much from her and I love how she loves my children. And she makes a mean Southwest Chicken Soup!
- I am thankful for lower gas prices - do I hear an AMEN?
- I am thankful for Yumiko. She really has become part of the family. I know she will be happy to go home and be with her family, but we are going to miss her.
- I am thankful for my church and my church family. We're crazy, wierd, imperfect, have our struggles with each other and our faith, and sometimes we're really messed up, but that's why we need God.
- I am thankful for bloggy friends. We're wierd, but in a unique way. We're passionate, but in a good way. We accept each other even if we don't agree with each other. Hmmm, it's sounding a little like the word "family".
So here's some pictures from our Thanksgiving!
Caroline and Yumiko helping make apple pie!
Pecan pie, apple pie, pumpkin pie and sweet potato pie with merengue!
Everyone at the table
The cousins! L-R: Caroline, Jacob, Jimmy, Alex Peter
The family: Pita (SIL) , Bruce (BIL) , Rick (DH), me, Jacob, Peter, Gladys (MIL), Jimmy, Alex, Dana (sister), Bob (my super-cool BIL!)
Me and my sister!
Yumiko, me, Caroline, Peter, Rick
2 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving...Look like you all had a great time!
i love grandma. she's the best.
Post a Comment