Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hairdos and Flowers

I'm posting some pictures from the play area at the mall where the now famous "street rat" story happened. Caroline and I were wandering around earlier and one of the vendors, in an effort to convince me to buy his overpriced curling irons and flat irons offered to curl Caroline's hair into "princess curls". Sure! So she sat so nicely and I had dressed her in a cute dress with matching jacket (they outgrow the stuff so fast I decided to let her wear it since we were not going to play in mud) just to go to the mall. Anyway, I decided that $75 (!) was just about $65 more than I would ever pay for a curling iron, but let him continue since he had no other customers. She drew enough attention during the time that he made a sale! While he was making said sale, I decided that was a good time to thank him and say goodbye. She enjoyed her curls and then we were off to the play area.

Sitting like a princess while her servant does her hair.



In the play area showing off her curls.


At the risk of tooting my own horn, I came home last night after a 2 1/2 hour long rehearsal to find that my DH and kids had gone to the store and bought me my favorite flowers for my birthday and Sees candies (truffles). Yumiko made a cake out of a cardboard box, covered a Pringles (unopened) can with paper and made a candle. They all wrote little cards thanking me for being a good mom (sniff). I'm enjoying the wonderful scent of my stargazer lily arrangement (which was also the flowers used in my wedding bouquet).

My cute kids with the flowers, Yumiko's cake and candle and the cards.

3 comments:

QingLu Mama said...

How sweet of your family! And Happy Birthday to you!
I just love the curls, she so looks like a princess - and she helped the guy out, so it was win-win! I did enjoy the rat story, the things our kids say are just too funny and I'm sure it was totally a compliment...
Jennifer

Christi and Abbey said...

Are we free to now refer to you as Street Rat? I'll want to let Pastor Bob know...

Unknown said...

Aye! Wouldn't that be a great nickname around church! I can just see it, "Oh, you're visiting with us today? Street Rat over there will help you find a seat."

Perfect.