Yumiko, Caroline and Peter in front of the tree.
Yumiko got the honor of putting the angel on the tree. We call the angel "Dolly" because her sleeves are so puffy that when you look up at her, she looks like Dolly Parton (well, part of her anyway).
We got Yumiko her own stocking. She loved it.
This ornament is the one I made the year we were married. The coin in it is from Jamaica, where we honeymooned and the ribbon and velvet flowers are from my wedding bouquet, which had artificial flowers.
This is the ornament from Peter's first Christmas. The outfit he's wearing he wore at his baby dedication. I had that outfit for 2 solid years before he came home. Sniff!
This is Caroline's First Christmas ornament. There is a piece of jade hanging below the ribbon (can't see it) that was given to us by our guide when we adopted her. The diamondy ladybug just below her face was found by my niece in MN (thanks Abby!). Ladybugs are the unofficial mascot of adoption from China.
This is an ornament I made just because I liked the picture I copied it from :)
I'm still a bit behind on things and haven't even started Christmas cards. Sigh.
1 comment:
Beautiful! What a wonderful idea to make ornaments like that. I am going to have to put that on my list of things to remember to do. It has to be such a treasure when the ornaments come out each year.
Post a Comment