Even if you know who you are voting for, this is a must read.
Not my blog though. I wanted to post the link below to a friend's blog. Her name is Daisy and she has been in contact with another friend of ours, Brian Conklin. We all toured together in Vanguards in college. We performed at churches around the West Coast. Anyway, Brian has been in Iraq in the diplomatic corp. USAID. He has worked with General Petraus and the Iraqi goverment for the last 18 months. I think we all need to read his information before voting day. Please read the entire post from Daisy's blog. It is a real eye-opener. A few things to note: He is an outspoken critic of the Bush Administration, but believes strongly in the US being there even though he felt the war was a bad idea. He is frustrated that he has spoken to major US newspapers, but it's not being reported. He still doesn't know who he is voting for. He loves Obama, but feels he is clueless about what is going on there and is frustrated that people in the US want to bail out when things are going well and he believes it will be great in a couple of years. He feels McCain 'gets it' and wants someone who is not afraid to say or do the right thing, even when the press and the American public has not caught up with it yet. I think he is providing food for thought for both sides of the politcal spectrum: http://daisypages.blogspot.com/2008/07/my-friend-brian.html
Please pray for him. He has been separated from his family all this time, risks his life on a daily basis, and his frustration is evident.
2 comments:
Hi Theresa!
I read your comment on Chloe and Pearl's blog and I just had to laugh! I had a similar incident as a kid... I broke my hand and by the time my parents figured it out and took me to the doctor, I was well on my way to healing (incorrectly) and had to have my hand re-broken!
You are right, kids don't come with instruction manuals... wouldn't life be dull if they did?
Hey Teresa - finally getting a moment to pop over here. Thanks for sending me your blog! I've added it to my favorites.
To answer your question, Rebecca turned 3 on Sept 5th.
Thanks!
Carolin
Post a Comment