Friday, July 31, 2009

Favorite Foto Friday

I thought I'd post two pictures from our Gotcha Day with Caroline that I didn't post on the anniversary. I wasn't kidding when I said she cried for two days after we became a family. The picture below is one of my favorites because the look on Peter's face says, "This 'sister' idea of yours was a great idea, Mom. Thanks." (read: sarcasm)

Before we traveled to China, I read blogs and websites of traveling families and many of them mentioned Day 3 being the "magic" day when the babies open up and begin to enjoy their new family. We got to see this magic first-hand. Caroline went from this:




To this:



Magic.

7 comments:

The Brown Family said...

Now that I have adopted 3 times from China and am working on some attachment issues, I realize how great that 2 days of crying was for Caroline. It was the healthiest thing she could have done...even if Peter was questioning for a second there...

That 3rd day smile truly was a reason for celebration :)

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. We started blogging when Kai was in the hospital and I was so cautious about what I posted because I felt that saying the wrong thing could start drama in the Chinese adoption community. My agency even asked that we not blog about what was going on medically with Kai. In retrospect, I probably should have shared more for other parents considering China SN.

Anyway, the anon attacks were unsettling, but I have good friends who love me even when they may not agree with the decisions we make!

Kim

Anonymous said...

awwwwww poor big brother..lol

Happy forever family day to you guys!!!

hugs,leslie

M3 said...

Those first few days are really, really rough, aren't they? I have a picture of me taken the morning after our first night with the girls (does that make sense?), where I had crossed the hall to my parents' room, knocked on the door, and then burst into tears. I was a mess. It had been such a hard night. For everyone. I don't think I ever posted that picture, maybe I should dig it up and post it.

QingLu Mama said...

Oh, shivers...what a wonderful moment of magic you shared!
And yep, we had three days of red faced tears, then day 4... magic (well, "Mama only" magic but I surely wasn't going to complain, she was smiling)
And yes, Peter's facial expression is priceless! He seems a bit more happy about the whole little sis thing now!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Lori Lynn said...

That is just too sweet! I think it took three days with Chloe too. Peter's expression is priceless!

Thanks for sharing.

Wanda said...

Oh my - what a difference! Sort of a good metaphor for life too. It is healthy she got it out.

She certainly is a little beauty.

(I worry a bit about our upcoming trip. The day after gotcha day we take a 6 hour bus-ride to the orphanage. It's written we must go. And the next day, the 6 hour bus-ride back to the capital. I feel this is bordering on torture and pray it works out.)

Unknown said...

How sweet it that!!! Love how big brother jumped right into his role.