Man! We have been on the go for weeks now. We are enjoying our summer to the fullest.
On the 3rd of July (yes, the 3rd), City of Moorpark has fireworks in the park. They were wonderful this year too. They always have overpriced jolly-jumps there for the kids. And when I say overpriced, I'm NOT exaggerating. You buy 10 tickets for $10. So I have Caroline in line for one of them that has a slide. One trip costs 3 tickets!! So for $3, she got to slide down the slide ONCE! Needless to say, we burned through that $10 rather quickly. And no, I didn't buy any more. By the way, this was AFTER we paid $5 a person to enter the park. I can understand that, it's to offset the cost of the fireworks. But $3 to go down the slide ONCE? Not worth it.
Then on the 4th, we went to our friend's Bill and Karen Allen. The kids got to play in the street with their scooters and then beat on a pinata that wouldn't give up the candy easily. It eventually landed on the ground and Connor beat the thing until it finally cracked under the pressure.
Later in the evening, Cody was giving tricycle rides to the other kids. Mind you, Cody is 4. He was having a great time weaving in and out of the adults. Meanwhile, Peter joked to our friend, Rolland (who's wife Rena gave birth to their beautiful baby boy, Gianni on Mother's Day) that Rolland was getting old due to his graying beard. Well, Rolland took the opportunity to tickle my "foot-in-mouth" son until he yelped like a puppy.
Then on Sunday the 5th, we had our home group BBQ. Lots of kids there so the hosts pulled out Twister. Ahh, the games of our youth come back to haunt us and potentially cause us to break a hip. Fortunately, the kids didn't want the adults playing (whew!).
One day after going to the pool, Caroline wanted to wear her NEW dog costume. Actually, I got both dog costumes handed down at the same time, but since this one was bigger, I decided to store it away until the other one became too small. We have now gone from a Bernese Mountain Dog, to what appears to be a terrier of some sort:
And just for random cuteness, here's what I found her doing the other night:
She said she wanted to do her hair "like a dude." Uh, ok...
And then McKenna's mommy invited us to the beach last minute. I invited Peter's friend, Alex to come too and Caroline and McKenna and Peter and Alex had the best time ever. Peter and Alex are usually pretty cautious, but the tide was perfect and the beach was flat for quite a ways and the boys were able to go out quite far. Peter collected about 30 sand crabs and some of them were about the size of a big toe! Eeeew. And no, we did not bring any home, just in case you were wondering.
Tomorrow we will be having our semi-annual get-together with the families we traveled to China with for our daughters. It's always fun to get the girls together and see how much they've grown. I'll post about that later.
2 comments:
looks like you are having a blast!!! sooo cute!
Wow! Busy weekend! Looks like lots of fun though. I like the face paint on Caroline, very cute!
And yes...twister. Simone loves to play, and when there are no other kids around guess who gets to play? Yep, so I can barely get off the floor by the end!
I can't wait to see pics of you travel group, have fun!
Post a Comment