Friday, March 13, 2009

Caroline's Birthday at Disneyland


We woke Caroline up yesterday morning and said, "Good Morning and Happy Birthday!" She said, "Thank you" in the cutest little wakey-uppy-voice. I said, "How old are you today, Caroline?" She immediately held up 5 fingers. So cute and so smart. Up until yesterday, she was holding up 4 fingers. We measured her as we do with both our children every year on their birthday. As you can see, Peter's markings are a bit higher than Caroline's.

Caroline measures in


After a few stops and starts (forgot to lock the front door, drove 15 minutes back to lock it), we finally got out the door and off to Disneyland/California Adventure.

First we went to California Adventure and went to every ride in Bug's Land. Well, I didn't do Francis' Ladybug twirly-thingy because I don't like to see my lunch a second time. On to Toy Story's Midway Mania (one of the best rides there!). I scored 125000 points, a personal best for me. Lots and lots of birthdays there due to Disneyland and Calif Adventure now offering a free day at Disneyland on your birthday. Caroline was a bit disappointed to find out that she doesn't have exclusive rights to a March 12th birthday....



"I'm five!!"


Francis' Ladybug Boogie

Disneyland was great. Lots of smiling people and smaller-than-a-Saturday crowd. She told everyone she met that she was 5! She also met MANY people MUCH older than her (ahem!) who shared her birthday-most declined to give their age. :) Apparently, Disney's current marketing of going to the park for free on your birthday is working very well.

She asked if she could scream on some of the roller coasters. I said, "Sure." BIG MISTAKE! She screamed so loud I thought we'd get kicked out of the park! She screamed for only one reason: she could. And man could she ever!! We got off the ride to a mixture of stares and laughter. And that was on Gadget's Go Coaster - a 45-second ride that goes fast, but is designed for little kids so it's not scary. Next was Big Thunder Railroad. A fast-moving, rockin' ride designed for the 10 and up crowd. She again screamed so loud and for so long that the woman behind me thought she would be hoarse afterward. She wasn't. People waiting in line were laughing at this little peanut with a loud scream.



Inside the Roger Rabbit ride line.



Did you know that if you have a current Disneyland season pass then you can have a choice of getting a 1-day pass to be used later, a gift card in the amount of a 1-day pass, or an all-day fast pass? We opted for the gift card and Caroline got an Alice in Wonderland dress for her princess tea party tomorrow. I was hoping to get a princess outfit, but she reaaaaaalllly wanted an Alice dress, so I figured..hmm...Alice in Wonderland...tea party...yep, that'll work!

As we were leaving, we watched some of the fireworks from the parking lot. That's where we met one more gentleman who was having a birthday. Here's the video from that.

So tomorrow we have a princess tea party with a few friends and then on Sunday I am having family over. Then we are soooo done with parties! Sheesh!

My wonderful husband gave me a coupon for our anniversary for a date night on April 3rd! As mentioned in the last post, we gave each other the exact same anniversary card this year. How's that for being married a long time? We got a good laugh about that.

As it turns out, like Caroline we do not have exclusive rights to March 12th as our anniversary. I just met this lovely woman and her family last night through another bloggy friend. She is the blessed mommy of two beautiful Chinese daughters and two other beautiful children that came to their family without the fuss of paperwork :) She and her husband not only share the love of China and her children, but we were both apparently married on the same day!

No comments: