Here's Caroline, resplendent in purple:
And the family playing along. Yumiko is on the left.
Sorry I don't have pictures of Ligia yet, but hopefully soon.
Now for the best news of the day. Little Bethany has officially become her Mommy's daughter in the eyes of the State of California. My friend Nora has been a foster mom to 11 foster children over the last few years, never intending to adopt. However, little Bethany captured her heart and never let go. Nora has had Bethany since she was days old. She came to Nora with no name so Nora named her, never thinking she would adopt her someday. She had doubts along the way, but the Lord gave Nora specific peace and comfort and assured her that HE is in control and HE will provide. It was a wonderful ceremony and brought back memories of Peter's adoption 9 years ago. Tears filled my eyes as I saw 4 other families celebrating their children's adoption today. Every child there for Nora and Bethany today was adopted! We had a sibling set of girls and their brother adopted separately, Peter and Caroline of course, another little boy, Duncan about 6 years old, and a little 17 month old special needs baby named Daniel who was just as precious as can be. I got to hold him just long enough before Caroline got jealous and demanded I give him back to his mommy (who will be adopting him soon!) When the judge asked Bethany what her last name was, she said, "Two and a half". So cute.
Here are the pictures from today:
Daniel, the youngest and most handsome little guy in the room:
Nora signing on the dotted line before the judge:
Bethany gets to pick out a stuffed animal. So many to choose from!
The family picture with the judge:
Nora's entourage celbrating!
(Bethany took a liking to Peter and insisted on holding his hand)
A great day! Tomorrow we celebrate with a luncheon at a local restaurant. Today, I will have a cup of tea and a box of tissues because I think I'll be teary all night.
No comments:
Post a Comment