Caroline has been complaining that her legs hurt for a few months. At first we thought it was just growing pains, but as the complaints continued, we thought we should have a doctor look at her. Well, Rick's brother is a chiropractor and he is also does extensive research on natural healing products. He noticed that Caroline's hips seem to be slightly off-balance and may be causing the aching in her legs. He also suggested iron supplements (about 4mg daily). He adjusted one side of her hips last week, but couldn't get the other side to move easily so he decided to wait until the next time and try again. I like that about him. He doesn't force the bones to move, but uses massage therapy to loosen the muscles and bones to help them move where they need to be.
We do have a pediatrician that we absolutely love. He asks questions of the parents AND the child and understands that the parents know their children better than the doctor. I have never felt dismissed as a parent from him and he respects the parent's opinion and yes, even our gut feeling.
So, we are off today to see my BIL for another adjustment for Caroline. By the way, I highly recommend him as a chiropractor and not just because he's my brother in law, but because he is the only chiropractor I trust to treat my children.
5 comments:
I sent you e-mail. Thanks for the comment on my blog!
~Rebecca
Wow! I hope Caroline can get fixed up! (that's TN talk) . Thanks for visiting my blog! Kids are so cute!! I love your heart for adoption! We LOVE adoption and orphan care!!!
i'm glad caroline is able to be treated. I, OBVIOUSLY, being a young "indoctrinated" Horvet at heart, am never shocked at how a chiropractor can heal :). I learned that pretty young from a certain relative. I even worked for one for awhile way back in the day and was amazed at all the cool things she did!
will pray for doctor visits and i completely agree that MOMs know their kids ...
I am so excited that you will be doing iterim care .. It is so hard, yet the blessing of answering the Fahter's call and loving on these precious gifts is beyond words ..
I hope Caroline feels better very soon! Chiropractors are a godsend and can be such wonderful healers.
Thanks for your supportive comment on our blog! Can a chiropractor do anything about pre-travel wackiness?? :)
Hugs from another Southern Californian!
Post a Comment