Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I've Been Tagged

My first "tagging". A momentous occasion. At least it didn't involve spraypaint and jail time. :)

Thanks to Lori I have been tagged. Now I must share 7 random wierd things about myself. Man! Where to begin?? How do I narrow it down to 7?

1. I like watching What Not to Wear on TLC. It's not so much the fashion emphasis that I like as much (I'm not a fashionista and cannot bring myself to spend $300 on a pair of slacks) as it is seeing people start to value themselves and not hide behind frumpy or wierd clothing. I also like that the hosts point out that if they are in a professional career and want to be taken seriously, they need to act and dress that way.

2. I want to live in a state that has 4 genuine seasons, just for 1 year so I can see all the colors and textures and know what it is like to have my children come out from the cold and into a house smelling like warm chocolate chip cookies. One year should do it and then it'll be out of my system and I'll move back to the perfect weather here. :)

3. In my 20's there was about a year span of time where I just could not eat red meat. It just did not appeal to me at all. Now my favorite cut of meat is filet mignon (yum!).

4. I love mushrooms, but they don't love me. 'Nuff said.

5. Like Lori, I can remember phone numbers without looking them up. Not so much anymore, but Rick still asks me for phone numbers before he dials. 90% of the time, I can recite it.

6. Birds do not like me. They see me and poop. I will never have a pet bird.

7. I love hand-me-down clothes for the kids. It's like Christmas in July! I let Caroline have little fashion shows with the clothing and anything that doesn't fit, I get the joy of moving them on to others. In addition, I love seeing my kids clothes on other's kids. It gives me special joy.

OK, I tag:

Ashlee
Jana
Stacey
Amy
Christi
Shelly
Jennifer

I was going to tag Nina but she is leaving for China in a week to get her daughter! I don't think he mind is in the US right now, let alone ready to answer questions. You can go to her site and congratulate her on her soon-to-be-journey.

I was also going to tag another Shelly but she is IN CHINA NOW with her new daughter! Many congratulations to her family!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can do the phone number thing too! And, I am so flippin' sick of this heat. I WANT FALL.

QingLu Mama said...

What fun! Thanks for "tagging" me. Now I have a project to keep me busy today. I like the bird thing, too funny
Jennifer

QingLu Mama said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lori Lynn said...

Great facts! There is a place not far from you that has 4 real seasons, Tehachapi. I even think that's the motto on their sign. It is a beautiful place and I am sad to be parting with our weekend cabin there at Bear Valley Springs.

I have three birds. One is a cockatiel and he will "hold it in" while I am holding him. I can stretch out my hand over a paper towel and he will go on command. He is also very loving. The other two are just parakeets to keep him company.

That was TMI! Take care,

Lori W